Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It’s My Party and I’ll Preen If I Want To!

My birthday was January 9th, (21 again woo-hoo!), and I wanted to do the usual: get dolled up, get together with friends and proceed to party until dawn. However,it was frigidly cold around the time and the weather has been continuously grotesque, cold and messy until about..oh, I don’t know,…today! Now that March is looming ever so enticing and near, I’ve been so inspired by all the pretty spring frocks that I’ve decided to officially move my birthday to Spring. Party Time, Last Weekend in March! Of course, with a date in mind, the age old question of what to wear begs to be answered, and thus, this entry has been given life.

What can I say about this delightful Anna Sui dress? It's perfectly girly, the print is beautiful, whimsical and young, and the cut is very flattering and sophisticated--what great balance. The earrings are an ideal match, and the choice in shoe is dead-on; from the gold buckle detail on the ankle straps, to the simple and smooth modern lines of the gorgeous, satin-covered, stiletto heel. As soon as I saw this dress, I knew immediately that I'd be pairing it with a Charles David shoe. The mesh bracelet was too pretty to pass up and the vintage feel of the gold and silver ring ties all of the elements together quite nicely. This is ELEGANCE and style at it's best. Happy Birthday to me, and Happy Shopping to all of yo

No comments:

Post a Comment