To create sexy waves with lots of volume you will need some old-fashioned setting techniques combined with new haircare technology.
1. Wash you hair with a volumizing shampoo and conditioner – these products will swell the hair shaft, so creating thicker hair.
2. Apply a tennis ball-sized blob of volumizing mousse to the hair, combing it through so that each strand is coated. Dry the hair but not completely – it should be about 80 per cent dry.
3. While the hair is still hot from the hair-dryer, divide it in eight to ten sections and wind around large rollers. Continue to blow dry until it is completely dry.
4. Remove the rollers but don’t brush. Instead, tip your head upside down and spritz a little volumizing hairspray through the roots.
5. Shake the look out with your fingers. Again, don’t brush, as that will flatten.