Friday, June 24, 2011
How To Clean Jewellery
The cleansing of real and artificial jewelry is to be done after a year. It may be by the experts or in home by you with the use of certain techniques. While keeping your jewelry with yourself make sure that it will not scratch or tangled with each other because in this way it get to loose its original shine.
The other things by which it looses its luster are the skin and the body oil combined with dirt and other substances as the chemicals of fragrance to be used. These leave the layer of dullness on jewelry which has to be removed. So to maintain the shine and sparkling looks of the silver, gold, diamond jewelry you have to follow some tips which are as follows:
1. For gold and gemstones jewelry soak it in so propylene alcohol for several hours and then rinse it thoroughly.
2. Make the cleansing solution which contains 1/2 cup of ammonia and two cup of water. Now dip the jewelry in it for few hours.
3. Now take the soft bristled tooth brush to clean the bracelets and necklaces and earrings
4. Scrub the jewelry from all directions from grooves, cracks and crevasses of gold and silver jewelry.
5. Not to use any thing which is abrasive to use or which can make the chemical reaction to the jewels of silver or gold.
6. After cleansing in above solutions rinse it with the warm or cold water thoroughly.
7. Allow it to dry in normal air.
8. Now polish it with micro fiber, chamois or terry cloth to make it shinier.
9. For the more delicate jewelry as for gemstones not to use ammonia, gentle soap is used for them.
10. For silver jewelry the high concentration of ammonia is also damaging. To clean the silver jewelry uses the solution of 2 tabs of soap. ½ tabs of ammonia, and ¼ cup of water, dip in to it the jewelry for some time, scrub it with brush and rinse it with water.
11. For pearls just clean them with some damp cloth and polish them with some vegetable or olive oil.
Have jewelry with ever looking shiny luster.